Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting tables

Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts,
is there any way (a Script?) to format all tables in my project as I formatted the first one? In all tables: the first column has to be 56 mm wide, the second 13 mm, and the third 56 mm. Tables have from three to seven rows and the last row needs to be formatted with the "tab. bottom" Cell Style; other rows with "tab." Cell Style. Everything else is formatted as it should be.

Of course, I can do it one by one but there are over 1000 tables... Any ideas?

MJ

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Having a merged footer row complicates matters but something like this might work. Seemed to work on your sample but not sure what other pitfalls exists on your full document. 

var tables = app.activeDocument.stories.everyItem().tables.everyItem();
tables.rows.lastItem().unmerge();
tables.columns[0].width = "56 mm";
tables.columns[1].width = "13 mm";
tables.columns[2].width = "56 mm";
tables.cells.everyItem().applyCellStyle(app.activeDocument.cellStyles.itemByName("tab."), true);
tables.rows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a merged footer row complicates matters but something like this might work. Seemed to work on your sample but not sure what other pitfalls exists on your full document. 

var tables = app.activeDocument.stories.everyItem().tables.everyItem();
tables.rows.lastItem().unmerge();
tables.columns[0].width = "56 mm";
tables.columns[1].width = "13 mm";
tables.columns[2].width = "56 mm";
tables.cells.everyItem().applyCellStyle(app.activeDocument.cellStyles.itemByName("tab."), true);
tables.rows.lastItem().cells.everyItem().applyCellStyle(app.activeDocument.cellStyles.itemByName("tab. bottom"), true);
tables.rows.lastItem().merge();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! That works almost perfectly. Now I have good Celle Styles applied, but all are with +:

Zrzut ekranu 2021-06-08 195830.jpg

I can't find the right English name but now I have to hold left Alt and click on "tab." Cell Style to make all cells with my settings. Is there any way to run a second script that removes all overrides (those pluses) from applied styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

app.activeDocument.stories.everyItem().tables.everyItem().cells.everyItem().clearCellStyleOverrides(true);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird. This removes all formatting from tables:

Zrzut ekranu 2021-06-08 205245.jpg

But when I choose Clear Overrides from the Cell Styles menu everything is as it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on how to solve that problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've changed "true" to "false" and now it is working as expected:

app.activeDocument.stories.everyItem().tables.everyItem().cells.everyItem().clearCellStyleOverrides(false);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines