• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame cannot be resized

Engaged ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign's latest update in Wondows 11. For some reason, when I try to access a file on the computer from within InDesign (e.g., with OPEN or SAVE), the Windows Explorer frame takes up the whole display and cannot be resized. I can grap the bottom corners with the mouse, but they cannot be dragged. The usual icons at the top right of such frames are missing.

Any iudea what causes this?

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Try resetting your preferences:

Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences:

Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

--------

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

----

Check for any driver updates for your computer in relation to the new updates for Windows 11

You might need to update your graphics drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the preferences—the first thing I tried—was no help. And it is ONLY a problem within InDesign. Other Adobe products work as they are supposed to. Reinstalling is not my favorite way to go. What I was hoping is that someone has seen this problem or knows how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to reinstall the entire suite - you can choose to reinstall just one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that, but with all my plugins and scripts, I prefer not to reinstall if someone knows the cause of the problems and can help me address it directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. Option 6 (the "restore" function) did the trick. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines