• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Fitting Options not showing

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, Frame fitting options are not showing in full, i have tried InDesign 'reset' multiples , the issues is not solved.
This happens irrespective of documents .

Have attached screen shots from my system and the same from different system.
Both the ssytems run on Adobe InDesign CC 2017 , have not updated the version since we are using plugins that are not supporotive for latest versions.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the frame fitting buttons show/work in the options panel?

What OS version are you running? Was there any recent system updates to the system that it is not working on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karthik681,

are all graphic frames affected? Or only some with specific contents?

Could be your 3rd-party plug-ins the cause of this?

I would try to uninstall the extra plug-ins and restarting the machine.

Just to see if the plug-ins are the reason.

If you have a backup of your Applications folder from a time when the issue was not visible I would backup the current Adobe InDesign CC 2017 application folder and use the one from the backup just to see if that makes a difference. Also the old InDesign preferences and cache folders you hopefully also have a backup.

Important: Do NOT uninstall InDesign CC 2017 with the Creative Cloud Desktop Application.

You will not get InDesign CC 2017 offered after doing this. Adobe currently only supports and offers InDesign 2022 and 2021 with the Creative Cloud Desktop App for installation.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Если гора не идёт к Магомеду, то Магомед идёт к горе.

This is a bug that not so annoying (IMHO).

Did you try to use it control panel instead of right-click-mouse comands? 

2022-04-21_11-23-03.jpg

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reminding me of this control panel options, Its works.
Almost 95% of the time, have been using the shortcuts.But why this is not working is the worry for me, it helps me to save time, rather than straining my eyes to focus the buttons on the control panel.

The Object menu  features are missing,  the Corner Option is not present, the same in the Control Panel Corner Optoins, when clicked opens a 'Export Dailogy box'. Content featues does not opens, like giveing options to convert Text, Graphic and Unassigned items.

Here are few screenshots.
Well see to reinstall InDesign CC 2017 along with Plugins whenevery i get  free time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reinstalling CC 2017 may be a problem -- it is no longer avasilable on Creative Cloud -- Adobe only supplies the latest two versions. You can download the 2017 installer from ProDesignTools.com, but you will have trouble getting the updates. Chatting with Adobe Support may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines