• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame tool not displaying properly.

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to do a polygon frame to place my image but for some reason it just shows as a rectangle.

Placing/aligning the image & frame to a place that I want becomes impossible. 

Attaching a SS.

Vijay.

2022-09-11.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vijay Ramachandran,

The polygon has been created fine but you have selected it using the wrong tool. Do the following and if you did use the polygon tool correctly you will see it.

• Navigate to the followign menu path and switch on the Show Frame Edges option. View>Extras>Show Frame Edges. This should now show you the polygon boundaries instead of the bounding box that you currently see.
  • Select the object using Direct Selection tool, the 2nd tool in your toolbar and you shall select the frame edges instead of the bounding box that you currently have.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Manan.

Frame edges is already selected. If I draw it in a new document it comes out fine. 

2022-09-11 (3).png

2022-09-11 (1).png

Even when I don't use direct selection, it shows both.

2022-09-11 (2).png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show Frame Edges should be a document specific setting. So it can be off for one document and on for another. However, If you say that the issue is only with a particular document and you have checked all that we discussed then probably try exporting the document to IDML and then resaving as INDD.

If possible share the problematic document so that folks here can have a look and give suggestions.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't share it here. Anyway will try & sort it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines