• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full page image bleeds onto facing page and causes accessibility error

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a somewhat complicated question that involves Acrobat and accessibility as well.

The document in concern has several full-page-width images. Two of these images are causing an issue. When I export to PDF slivers of these images appear on the facing pages. The images are on the verso and have their right-hand origin beginning at the center of the spread (i.e., the page width is 8", the bleed is .125", and the reference point shows as 8"). So according to indesign and also by visual inspection, these images DO NOT touch the facing pages. And yet there is a hairline visible on the PDF.

I would not have noticed the issue except that it is causing the document to fail accessibility, as "other elements alternate text." When I click on the report error I can't show the location of the error in the tags or content panel; I also cannot select the slivers in Acrobat using the Reading Order panel, so it seems I can't remediate the issue.

Another oddity, with at least one image, is that the sliver that bleeds isn't actually the image. It's a light green that is one of the colors in the image, but the actual right edge of the image has many more colors.

The document has a number of images that are not causing this issue and abut the centerfold in the same fashion. Appreciate any suggestions.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Figured it out. The images in question had been inadvertently rotated by the tiniest amount. Discovered this by switching the reference point from the upper right to the lower right. Must have gotten rotated during layout and it was so slight I didn't notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you want to export with 0 slug, also make sure "Include Slug Area" is unchecked. That's most likely what you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

additionally, if this is not for print you can avoid or control it by changing the bleed, but if this is exported like a booklet, controlling the "creep" will infuence what is being added/subtracting on the inner pages. just spitballing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out. The images in question had been inadvertently rotated by the tiniest amount. Discovered this by switching the reference point from the upper right to the lower right. Must have gotten rotated during layout and it was so slight I didn't notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines