• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full screen image action in InDesign epub

Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, using InDesign I've successfully created a pop up window for a video in an epub document using a button and State that once activated also offers the option for the video to go full screen on my device (iPad). Is there a way to have an image go full screen on the device (iPad) in a similar way?

Thanks

Dan

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same way. Put it into an MSO. If it's on the same page combine them into one in order to avoid any conflicts with the interactivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

Thanks for the quick reply, I don't get the fullscreen icon like I do on a video though.

The issue I face is I have a portrait book layout but a landscape image is incorporated into the design that needs to remain landscape. Rather than have a letter box effect with a coloured bar above and below the image I can place it on a separate page rotated 90 degrees. For this to work though it require the iPad user to lock rotation for them to rotate ibooks to view it the correct way round. With a video it works because it has an icon you can press in the video to make fullscreen, so that when you rotate the iPad the video stays the correct way round but fills the screen.

So I was hoping this fullscreen button could be applied to something other than a video.

Kind regards

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to just create a full screen version of the image and put it in an object state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob

Thank you for your help with this.

My document is set up for the iPad Pro 1668 (w) x 2224 (h) and I have a largely portrait design

But there is one image that is landscape 2224 (w) x 1668 (h)

If I have an object state that opens the landscape image at 90 degrees to fill the available space it requires the user to have rotation lock set on the ipad, otherwise if rotation lock was turned off the landscape photo would continue to be at 90 degrees when I turn the iPad.

With an embed video you get the fullscreen icon (four expanding arrows) that you can click, and when you rotate the iPad the image will rotate to fill the width.

If there is a way to have this fullscreen icon with an image I could initially have the lanscape image fill the width of the portrait orientation, and then automatically fill the landscape orientation when I turn the iPad 90 degrees.

Do you know if this is possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines