• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fusnotes and tables dont pace in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will start with thre retorical question of why does this bug of a software even exist?

Im placing a document from Word in Indesign. 

ONLY half of the footnotes have imported and the rest have simply disappeared *(EVEN THE SMALL NUMBERS from the body text). ?!?!

Aslo the tables dont import, only an object frame appears at the place where the table should be.

Why is this happening? 

If i created crap software like this i would get fired and banned in the indistry...

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

There was a bug regarding footnotes disappearing, but that has been fixed in the latest version of InDesign (16.1). Make sure you update if you are using an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug regarding footnotes disappearing, but that has been fixed in the latest version of InDesign (16.1). Make sure you update if you are using an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David

I'm using ID version 16.21 and have just had a similar dropped footnotes issue: in the middle of the book, suddenly, 10 pages without footnotes, and then after that, footnotes again. The author has counted 22 footnotes dropped. I'm on a very new, high-specced PC running Windows 10, so I think it can't be a hardware issue (I gather some users on Mac had a similar issue). And the job was (I thought) near completion, so starting again and converting the Word docx to doc (as has been tried by some others who had this issue before me) is not an option I am keen to be forced to try, because I have also done a significant amount of work to convert tables and such-like.

If this is relevant, the Word docx was edited by a professional with a lot of technical editing experience, and experience using Word, so I think it is not very likely that it arose from clumsy use of Word, as is so often the case.

Thanks in advance for any solution you may be able to offer.

Kate Hoole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines