• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fuzzy type when printing from Adobe applications

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with a problem for some while now. I bought a new b/w laser printer (Brother DCP-L2530DW) and every time I print from an Adobe application (ID, AI, Acrobat....) all the type gets printed very fuzzy (see attached image).

So far, neither Brother’s nor Adobe’s support could help me resolve this issue. Maybe anyone had the same problem before?

macOS 10.12.6

CC 2019

Testdrucke.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like it has to be the printer driver from Brother. I've seen no one else report this problem before.

I've never used a Brother printer. I stick with HP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have HP and am suffering from this same issue. I have tried to change things to no avail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there’s not a rasterize everything option in the print driver that somehow got turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brother Printers send RGB composite data to printer. You can try from the print menu > Output > Select "Text as Black"

brother.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrey_Smith​ Thanks for the tip! But I already tried every print setting including this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something to try in an attempt to isolate the problem. Export the InDesign file as a PDF. Is the type fuzzy in the PDF? Print to your printer from the PDF instead of the InDesign file. Still fuzzy? If so, it's something with your printer/driver. If not, it could be an InDesign setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same result when printing from a PDF unfortunately. The type never looks fuzzy on-screen though, only when printed.

As I said, I only have the problem when printing from Adobe. TextEdit, Pages, etc. works fine. Not sure if it's a printer/driver issue then..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The InDesign version looks like it has a halftone screen. Try setting your Appearance of Black>Printing/Exporting preference to Output All Blacks as Rich Black:

Screen Shot 18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I already had these exact settings enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try this from acrobat?

pastedImage_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I already had these exact settings enabled.

What is the fill color of the text? Is it the default CMYK [Black]? What happens if you fill with a black 0|0|0 RGB swatch?

The "color" of CMYK black in InDesign depends on the document's CMYK profile and isn't usually absolute black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old Brother and it will halftone CMYK [Black] on the print conversion to either Composite RGB or Grayscale (depends on the assigned document profile).

Here's a document scan of  CMYK 0|0|0|100 vs. RGB 0|0|0:

RGBTest.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines