Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate file format typography to character style in Indesign

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm looking a plug-in / script or any solutions to be able to import a family type as a character style.

Let me explain : I wondering about a way to import TTF, OTF files to my indesign document and generate them as a character style. Like a drag and drop or a import from ...

It's being kind of annyoing to add all character style manually to try them in one single document.

Any solutions ?
Best regards,

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are asking.

OTF fonts and TTF fonts should be installed in your Operating System.

If you want to import character styles, click on the Paragraph Styles or Character Styles panel menu button and then choose Load All Text Styles. From there you navigate to another InDesign document and it opens to a dialog box that lets you select any and all Paragraph and Character styles in that document.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps what you want is a file (or files) with many pre-defined styles which you can use in other documents by going to either the Character Style or Paragraph Style panel menu and choosing Load Styles...

You can also create any number of styles to be defaults, either by saving them in a template document that you use for other docs, or by defining them with no docments open and they will be availble to all new documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding to my previous cosupporters: You can use also the CC Library to store styles there for further use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines