• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate list of image links and their resolution?

Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to be able to generate a list of images and their effective resolution.

eg:

jimi_hendrix.jpg   page 5    350dpi

django_reinhardt.jpg   page 8    220dpi

Two questions really.

[1] Can InDesign do this itself, or is there anything offthe-shelf, like a plugin, that can?

[2] I found a couple of scripts that listed images but not the resolutions. Is this the sort of thing a script could do? I should probably get on and learn to script for InDesign shouldn't I...

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Script can definitely do this but InDesign natively also provides capability to get this info. In the flyout menu of links panel go to Copy Info>Copy All Link Information

This will copy the information displayed in the Link Info section of the Links panel and you can paste it into a text file. You can change the amount of information by selecting the desired options in the Panel Options section of the links panel fly out menu.

P.S. :- The data would be in a column format and it will contain extr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

In the Links panel menu, choose panel options and turn on the column for Effective Resolution. Now select all of the Links in the Links panel that you want info for, click on the panel menu and choose Copy Info > Copy Info for Selected Links. Now open a text file and paste. That should give you all of the info you're looking for.

Linkinfo1.pngLinkinfo2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Script can definitely do this but InDesign natively also provides capability to get this info. In the flyout menu of links panel go to Copy Info>Copy All Link Information

This will copy the information displayed in the Link Info section of the Links panel and you can paste it into a text file. You can change the amount of information by selecting the desired options in the Panel Options section of the links panel fly out menu.

P.S. :- The data would be in a column format and it will contain extra bits of information as well in addition to what you want. Give this a try and tell us if it works for you

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Links panel menu, choose panel options and turn on the column for Effective Resolution. Now select all of the Links in the Links panel that you want info for, click on the panel menu and choose Copy Info > Copy Info for Selected Links. Now open a text file and paste. That should give you all of the info you're looking for.

Linkinfo1.pngLinkinfo2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses on this. I've managed pull all the data out that I need and get it into a spreadsheet to send to the client to chase larger versions of some of the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same need some time ago, and made a script that does exactly what you're after, and more.

https://www.marspremedia.com/software/indesign/links-report

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines