• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Link Juice from 'Publish online' documents.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a magazine that I've created with 'Publish Online'. It contains many links to my advertisers, but when I click on the link it shows up as coming 'direct' in Google Analytics.

I really need my advertisers to know that the traffic is coming from us. How do I do this?

I've tried embedding this into another website with the code below, but when I click on it from my website, it doesn't show up as coming from this website or that of Adobe.

<iframe style="border: 1px solid #777;" src="https://indd.adobe.com/embed/4753c469-8440-4ab1-b5e5-fc96664efa0f?startpage=1&allowFullscreen=true" width="525px" height="371px" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I've just switched from Quark Xpres, which allowed me to create a HTML5 publication that I could host on my own web server. I can see there is an option to do this but it costs

Thanks in advance.

Martin
TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in5 might offer what you want, in terms of hosting, it's an InDesign plugin (at extra cost): https://ajarproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I've tried this and I can see it going to cost about $30 a month and doesn't do as good a job.

The 'publish online' has all the functionality I need, except I can't find away of making sure that when someone clicks on the link to leave the publication that the website it goes to knows that where the traffic came from. Embedding this on my website via an iframe also didn't help.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just thought that maybe I can add ?utm_source=SignUpdate&utm_medium=e-book for example to all the links, but then I am not sure how good this would be and how to do this automatically, as I have hundreds of links in my document.

Any ideas on this too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines