Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting overflow frame error

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Expert,

we have upgraded Indesign from CC5.5 to creative cloud 2021 and templates which were working with older version are not working with new version. issue is whenever we add more text it automatically truncate extra text and gives overflow frames in response . i have tried auto resize height only and other object fitting options in template but no luck.

can anyonne guide me what changes do i need to make into template to work with new version of indesign?

sample text i am trying is for AdText attribute in template

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem IpsumLorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

"i have tried auto resize height only and other object fitting options in template but no luck."

Hi shraddha5C74,

I don't think there is anything wrong with your CS5.5 document.

Opened it successfully with InDesign 2021 on Windows 10. There is no overflow of text.

Of course you will create text overflow when you add this large amount of contents.

Even if you use the text frame's option with auto height.

Why? Because your pasteboard height cannot hold such a large text frame.

Either work with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i have tried auto resize height only and other object fitting options in template but no luck."

Hi shraddha5C74,

I don't think there is anything wrong with your CS5.5 document.

Opened it successfully with InDesign 2021 on Windows 10. There is no overflow of text.

Of course you will create text overflow when you add this large amount of contents.

Even if you use the text frame's option with auto height.

Why? Because your pasteboard height cannot hold such a large text frame.

Either work with a different page size and/or with a different pasteboard size.

Preferences > Guides & Pasteboard > Pasteboard Options

Increase vertical margins.

Regards,

Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Laubender ,
 Thank you for your response.

As you can see in templates it has [AdText] attribute and content can be dynamic for this which will come from end user from application so i can not give static value vertical margin.

is there any other way to resize pasteboard when frame resizes?

please guide me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with a gigantic pasteboard.

I see no negative side effect if you increase pasteboard size principally to the maximum what's possible with the GUI:

3048 mm for vertical and horizontal margins.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Laubender ,

Your solutions works like charm !!!

In older version of indesign 5.5 this template is working as expected without giving any vertical margin to pasteboard , so why its not working with new version CC2021 ?

is it something some property not working or carried forward to newer version ? any idea about it?

Thank you,

Shraddha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm. I cannot test this anymore.

I have no CS5.5 installed.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines