Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting to know which "script" added eventListeners

People's Champ ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since a few weeks, I got this event related warning (actually some code execution error). To find the faulty one, I should uninstall every single extensions (have a lot), startup scripts and etc. until I get rid of the message.

That lead me to the question, rather than doing that looooooong iterative process, I was wondering if I could climb up from eventListener instance to the script which added it. I said Script but of course that could be a CEP panel working on.

My feeling is that it's not possible (as I couldn't get get any useful prop in DOM). But hey, as soon as I state it, someone is showing me I am wrong

Curious to get your feedback on this one.

Loic

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program are you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arcosd,

Loic was talking about InDesign and possible startup scripts or installed CEP panels that add event listeners to the application or menus. One could trace the eventlisteners themselves, but it is hard to tell what startup script or what CEP panel added a particular one. Except perhaps, that the developer gave a direct hint by giving the eventlistener a special name that correlates with the name of a script or a CEP panel.

Btw. Loic's post is from 2018.

The issue might be resolved; one way or another…

Something on event listening and InDesign by Marc Autret:

https://www.indiscripts.com/post/2011/01/how-to-implement-a-basic-action-listener-in-indesign

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines