• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glyphs selectable, but don't change in InDesign

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I'm using InDesign to data merge place cards. I'm using the font P22 Zaner. Now i'm cleaning them up on spacing and changing out any glyphs that show up overlapping and such because of the names. When I try to change the glyph -- from option 1 "C" to option 2 "C" for example in "Charles", the second option shows up in the glyph panel, but no matter how many times I click it, it does not change in the document. Any help? I'm at a loss.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working OK here...

Version of InDesign and OS? Have you tried a reboot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 10.15.7 Catalina (It's old). InDesign 2023 updated today. I tried to reboot and delete the font and reload. I did figure it out after much clicking. On the template before I data merged it, apparently I had selected specific "set" of characters, so it wouldn't let me change the glyphs after I merged it. I remerged and made sure no set was specified. Then it let me change the glyphs. Thanks so much for commenting! I was racking my brain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you have set in the ParaStyle - OpenType Features ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did figure it out after much clicking. On the template before I data merged it, apparently I had selected a specific "set" of characters (Set 1), so it wouldn't let me change the glyphs after I merged it. I remerged and made sure no set was specified. Then it let me change the glyphs. I've never used the ParaStyle - Open Type features. Maybe I should learn about that for the future. I'll write it down as a skill to acquire. Thank so much for commenting. I'd love to automate more things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines