• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go To Page button to link to document within a Book?

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet the answer to this question is very simple, but here goes...

I'm working with a Book, made up of four InDesign documents. On one of the documents I'm creating Go To Page buttons that I want to link to various pages within the book - however, it seems I can only add page numbers with that particular InDesign doc, as appose to any of the four docs within the book.

Is there a 'include pages from book' option somewhere? Or another way to letting me link the button to another page within the book?

Thanks,

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guru , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Make a hyperlink that goes to page in a document versus a go to page action

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

To add to Jonathan's reply, I'd like to ask why you are doing buttons vs. hyperlinks? I only ask because buttons don't work well with many devices/browsers/pdf readers, whereas hyperlinks work almost anywhere. You can easily make Page hyperlinks and choose the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a hyperlink that goes to page in a document versus a go to page action

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Jonathan's reply, I'd like to ask why you are doing buttons vs. hyperlinks? I only ask because buttons don't work well with many devices/browsers/pdf readers, whereas hyperlinks work almost anywhere. You can easily make Page hyperlinks and choose the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reachng out. I agree with the responses shared by Jonathan & Diane. In addition to that, I'd request you to check out this help article to know how you can create & manage hyperlinks in InDesign.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines