• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gone is the activation of indentation in the text frame options.

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I have a little problem. How do I turn all the indents back on for a shape? I have text in a rectangle and I want to increase the indents on the edges. I need to reduce the indents on the left and right and they are not active and I don't know how to activate them back. I will be very glad to get answers with explanatory screenshots, as the program interface is very complicated to understand. 

Screenshot_dsw1.jpgScreenshot_dsw1s.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Mentor , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Hi @Leoekfwmf , the text frame must be a rectangle or square for the 4 insets to be availableScreen Shot 27.pngScreen Shot 28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Your rectangle must be not quite a real rectangle - other shapes will not allow different indents. 

Select your text box and go to Object > Convert Shape > Rectangle

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 8.54.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-15 at 9.04.19 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen shot might help. If you're having as issue with text not wrapping around a shape, tick Ignore Text Wrap to see if that overcomes the isssue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_dsw1sцуй.jpgScreenshot_dsw1sцывсыуй.jpgScreenshot_dsw1sцывуй.jpg

Additional screenshots. The indents increase evenly on all sides, and I only need to increase the indents on the left and right. There is no function to select the desired indents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1469426

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you George, you have helped me a lot! I made the corners rounded and the function didn't work. You have a lot of experience thank you.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Leoekfwmf , the text frame must be a rectangle or square for the 4 insets to be availableScreen Shot 27.pngScreen Shot 28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click on this icon but it is not active and nothing happens.

Screenshot_dsw1sцывувай.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your rectangle must be not quite a real rectangle - other shapes will not allow different indents. 

Select your text box and go to Object > Convert Shape > Rectangle

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 8.54.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-15 at 9.04.19 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines