• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google tag manager code installation for Indesign documents

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for an organisation where we send out monthly newsletters, created in Indesign, to over 1000 employees internally. With Google Analytics now being the main analytical feature in Indesign, to review analytics such as views, users and engagement, I am curious to find out if we can implement more parameters such as links clicked, pages viewed by time etc when you export the document online. I'm including the measurement tags when uploading documents so some data is coming through. I've done some research and came across Google Tag manager and it seems you can implement more parameters into the coding of your website to record different analytical data. However, I'm abit puzzled as to whether you can actually do this as when you publish your document online, Indesign creates a link rather than an 'actually' website, where you can easily access the back end to insert the Google tag, created by Google Tag Manager. Can someone help me with to find out whether this is possible? Hopefully it makes sense. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AFAIC, this goes way beyond the basic analytics you'll get with Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines