• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient effect across shapes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working on an old file that was orginally designed by someone else. They created this hex border on each page (please see attached), which is grouped together but made up of individual hexes.

The colour of each row of hex is different, and I can change them individually by double-clicking and changing the fill colour. However, I'm sure there must be a quicker way to bulk change this effect. 

I still want the hexes to get lighter in each row, but instead of blue, I want it to be shades of green.

(I don't have much InDesign experience).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

You could redefine the color used (from blue to green), but if this color is also used on other objets in the file, it will affect them. Without seeing the actual file, it's hard to know the best way to achieve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could redefine the color used (from blue to green), but if this color is also used on other objets in the file, it will affect them. Without seeing the actual file, it's hard to know the best way to achieve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With any luck the ligher colors were defined as shades of the darkest blue. That would simplify things a lot. Besides redefining the color you might be able to use Find/Change Color to replace them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines