• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Feather doesn't scale up

Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a DL flyer that needs to be scaled to Aframe size.

The Header and footer contain grouped items that have Gradient Feather applied to them.
if my InDesign Preferences are set to: Object Editing / When Scaling / Apply to Content : Both options (Include Stroke weight / Include Effects) ticked on;

then the Gradient feather does not scale up.

However if I change preferences to Object Editing / Adjust Scaling Percentages;

then the Gradient feather DOES scale up and preserves correct appearance BUT this is not suitable as then all my font sizes are listed as before/after (which is annoying as the 'after'/correct details are often obscured by length of input window.

Any ideas why Gradient Feather Effects aren't scaling up; even though the Preferences are marked to do so?

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that this is a royal pain. No easy way to avoid it.

This is a workaround that may work for you.

Do not put a gradient feather on the grouped objects. Choose Adjust Scaling Percentages in General preferences.

Draw a white rectangle over the grouped objects. Apply the gradient feather to the white rectangle.

When scaling the objects, select the grouped objects and also the white rectangle with the gradient feather. 

Now scale everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines