• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Swatches Not Accessible and are Crashing Indesign, Libraries Will Not Sync

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created file yesterday, saved. Opened today, all custom gradient swatches are grayed out. When I click on one of the gradient swatches, the window opens but the stop colors are all black. There is a greyed out swatch stop in the middle that is not clickable. When I click on the left and right colors, the whole program crashes. I cannot create new gradient swatches.

In Creative Cloud, the notifications show that Libraries Cannot Be Synced. Also, Photoshop is stuck at 22% updating.

Smile
TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your document seems to be damaged.

Try to export it to IDML, open the IDML file as InDesign document and save it to a new name.

That's all you could do, I think.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides Uwe's excellent response, are you able to work with other files? Create gradients in a new file and reopen?

If not, perhaps signing out and back into your CC account will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to work with other files, and the gradient issue did not recur. Signing in and out of CC did not work and in fact the sign out option was greyed out most of the time.

Smile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: My awesome IT support team member tried uninstalling Creative Cloud and reinstalling, no improvement. Libraries would not sync and apps would not update. He then enlisted Adobe Support to assist. They logged in remotedly deleted the CC libraries, re-downloaded and installed, issue still existed.

On my I end, I followed the process to repair a damaged file - saved as an IDML file, copied over the pages and the gradient swatch error did not replicate. So I was able to resume my Indesign project and delete the corrupted file. After I was done, I checked CC and noticed that the libraries had synced and Photoshop and Lightroom had updated themselves.

Smile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines