• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic frame grid guide

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop when you use the crop tool, you can choose a grid overlay to help you line up your crop, with options like rule of thirds, golden ratio/spiral etc. I want to know if it's possible to do a similar thing with a graphic frame in Indesign – so if I draw a frame and place an image in it, I can then overlay a grid to help me position my image within the frame. The grid would then adjust if I were to resize the frame.

Whenever I search for this online I can't find anything suggesting if this is possible or not – but I feel it would be a very useful feature!

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Hi Matt:

No, there isn't an equivalent feature in InDesign. I typically crop in Photoshop and then place the cropped image into InDesign so it's not an issue in my workflow. You can certainly log this as a feature request on the uservoice page.

https://indesign.uservoice.com

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matt:

No, there isn't an equivalent feature in InDesign. I typically crop in Photoshop and then place the cropped image into InDesign so it's not an issue in my workflow. You can certainly log this as a feature request on the uservoice page.

https://indesign.uservoice.com

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines