• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic glitches InDesign CC

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with Indesign CC for several months on a brand new MacBook Pro, first CC17 and then CC18 and have had no problems. I've also been using PhotoShop and Illustrator without issue. In the last couple week, since I installed the High Sierra OS update I've been experiencing graphic problems while running InDesign. I've attached two example of what's happening below.

I've tried reverting to the older version on CC and I still have the same issues.  I have also tried, under preferences turning off GPU performance. This made the whole program run with lag but I did not have the glitches.

I'm wondering if this is a problem with the computer I'm working on (though it's new), a lack of processing or graphic power, or if it's a compatibility problem to do with the respective new updates and the issue will be resolved in time.

My computer specs:

Comp specs.png

Adobe glitch e3.png

Adobe glitch e2.png

Hope to get some answers!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right! You are in Illustrator, NOT InDesign. In InDesign the GPU glitches are still there 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, also in Illustrator you can see the same rendering glitch as in InDesign with Transparency, shadow and Knock Out group on an iMac 2017 27" with Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB GPU!

GPU:

Screen_Shot 2018-01-30 om 15.45.31.png

CPU:

Screen_Shot 2018-01-30 om 15.45.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! Any news about this problem with beta 6 of 10.13.4, and recent InDesign CC2018.1 update (13.1) ?

Has it finally been resolved ?

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alexdauchez  schreef

Hi ! Any news about this problem with beta 6 of 10.13.4, and recent InDesign CC2018.1 update (13.1) ?

Has it finally been resolved ?

Thanks !

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobLevine  schreef

What makes you think that?

Remember the cursor issue?

Yes Bob, but we are talking here about the known bugs in the GPU rendering, for instance; incorrect overprint or transparency in knock out groups are not related to Apple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does this mean? is it something I can download? how and where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means, if you're having these kinds of display problems, you should turn off GPU Performance in the GPU Performance preferences on a Mac. (There is no GPU support for Windows at this time.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me. I'm on a brand new macbook pro and this is driving me insane. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2023 and this is still a constant problem Adobe. I'm begining to think if it's not some new and questionable AI thingy, then Adobe doesn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines