• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gray tint backgrounds printing gray to blue from left to right.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created a document in InDesign that is shown in a screen shot. I am also using an M1 MacBook Pro. This design has a 20-percent black background bordered by a 15-percent black area.  So I have the main background as a light gray rimmed by a lighter gray area. The problem I have is that when I print this on my Laserjet Pro 200 Color, I see the gray background elements gradually changing from gray to blue as you look from left to right. When I initially printed the document I had a transparency issue in that the shadows around some objects had that "yucky" effect when InDesign renders dropshadows as strange transparent boxes. Having had this problem in the past, I applied a transparency flattener preset I created  to correct the shadow issue and it worked (I've included a screen shot of the settings). Even though the shadows were correct, the color issue appeared.  At first, the blue was in the area where the drop shadows were to appear, but after applying the preset, the blue spread to the right half of the background. As if it were applying a light blue drop shadow to the whole document. Even pdfs have the same color issue. I've tried all kinds of settings changes and it prints the same way. I need help to resolve this issue. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a beta version of InDesign that is being developed that runs successfully on M1, but the current version is not supported on M1, and this may account for strange behaviors you are seeing.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines