• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GREP to Add TM to End of Specific Word

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I admit it. I am a total novice with GREPs but I love them! I am trying to add a "TM" to end of the word "NTX" but I can't get it to work correctly. I've tried...

1.  To Text:  NTX\>~d

2.  To Text:  NTX~d

Don't laugh. I'm sure it is something really simple that I'm messing up. 😞

Thanks!!

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me. If NTX is on a parent page, make sure you have "Include Parent Pages" icon selected below the ChangeTo. If NTX is on a locked layer, you'll need to unlock them. 

brianp311_0-1670434549122.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I wish I could create a GREP style for that instead of a Search. I'm creating a body style in a template that contains "overrides" for non-breaking spaces and hopefully TMs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not seem like it needs GREP. A regular Text Find/Replace should do it

Find NTX (set to case sensitive and whole word) 

Replace with NTX™

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for a template that others will be using. I want to make sure the "TM" is consistent and included on the word. I would prefer it to populate automatically because the other users might not do it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about using a GREP style within your paragraph styles, that won't work. GREP styles can only change formatting; they can't add or delete text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supposing you went to the trouble of adding the word and tm into your spell checker and autocorrect list. Then you could have a GREP style passively apply a superscript to the TM.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I have been an advocate of showing SM, TM, and ® registered trade mark in only 1 place in the document; not in each occurrence of the trademarked word logotype.

"Generally, the TM, SM, or ® symbol need only appear with the first or most prominent mention of a mark in documents, such as press releases, articles, and company reports."

https://www.inta.org/fact-sheets/trademark-symbols/

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like both those ideas!! I'll definitely get with our CommMgr to discuss the one-and-done in our documents. That would make life so much easier. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines