Exit

Grey Lines and Figures in Indesign !! Helpp

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de pantalla 2018-02-03 a las 14.07.29 copia.jpg

hi all,

I have this problem with my indesign. I use it with my MacBook Pro 2017. I'm using the 7 days trial version.

When i press "w" or when i move for the interface that happens, stranges grey lines appear and disappear in my document and i don't know why. It is very annoying and i ask for a solution if someone can help me. I have already spoken with the Aplee Support and they said that is an Adobe problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to GPU Performance in Preferences and turn it OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks>! It works but now all goes slower, a lot of lag when i move... know how to solve that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're waiting for fixes for GPU issues from both Adobe and Apple. That's all I can say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a few weeks I am also getting grey lines in between lines of text, while typing in Indesign. A refresh gets rid of the lines, neither have they ever appeared in a pdf, but it is kind of disturbing to see those lines. Is it a bug? I am working on a rather new iMac with the Big Sur 11.5.2.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-04 um 16.39.55.png

As you can see, these lines are not even straight and kind of irregular in length. As soon as I type one character, one lin appears, there could be also two or three lines. On the screenshot there are two. Any idea how to get rid of this rather new phenomenon?

Best regards

Helmut Kunkel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is Steve tip about turning off GPU performance helps to you?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines