• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grouped Object Asset in CC Libraries

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something but is there a way to get a grouped objects to be linked assets in the CC Library?

For reference, I'm a complete newbie (and not trained in graphic design at all) and I'm working on a user manual. This is to be built with many short sections. I would like to have a variant of asset of such sections, which are a group of several text and graphic and design elements. The text and graphic elements should be placeholders, but with predefined styles (paragraph and cell style, etc.).

I'd like to be able to just update that assset/file in the library to change it in all the documents (etc.) where I've used that file. It would be best if I could even change the text in, say, a green logo (a graphic with text) in a document, and if I change the color fill of the logo in the library to orange, that updates without changing the text or other (unchanged) parameters.... Similar to paragraph styles, but with (groups of) objects!

Do you know if this is possible? Maybe also with other functionalities in InDesign like object styles etc.? I just can't get it to work properly....

Thank you!
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you're describing sounds like a Book.

And InDesign book panel is best to do what you describe.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/creating-book-files.html#synchronize_book_documents

You can synchronize the styles that will update all the same styles throughout the book.

====

However, you are talking updating logos and text within logos

All images/logos etc. should be inserted using File>Place

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/placing-graphics.html

When you place a graphic in InDesign it is linked to the file. Updating the file will update the image.

You can keep an eye on the image status for each file in the Links panel.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/graphics-links.html

And using the Book Panel mentioned earlier will allow you to see if there's an image changed in a file and prompts you to update.

All images should be linked. 

That way you just place 1 version of the image, and you have less risk of missing updating an image manually.

And finally - if you feel the task is too much for you you should consider hiring a designer.

It can be a steep learning curve. 

Besides getting the text laid out correctly, there are other variables that need to be considered to ensure good output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines