• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hangule input problem in the InDesign C.C (version 16.4.2)

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for SSC in the Seoul of Korea.
My company have making plug-in using InDesign for newspaper company & very big newspaper client which is Joongangilbo.

Joongangilbo got a license for Adobe Create-suite 150 copies.
They are making newspaper using inDesign.
Recently, Joongangilbo is upgraded to InDesign 2021 from InDesign CS3 on Windows10.
I knew there was a problem about Hangul combination on Windows platform this time.

1. On the Widows platform(Hangule support).
Text input(Hangul mode) --> Select to word --> Text re-input(Hangule mode)
: this case, it's not supported to Hangul combination about first input. (It was confirmed that there was no problem until CS6)

So, after we have to input the backspace key(block delete) then text input(Hangule mode).

2. When I typing the Hangule(Inline Input for Non-Latin Text), "Space bar" & "Enter key" have to two times (It was confirmed that there was no problem until CS6.) It's Windows platform.

I know that this problem have Inline Input for Non-Lantin Text uncheck. but, almost Korean InDesgin users using Inline Input for Non-Lantin Text check.

two problems are very inconvenient.

My company is advising newspapers to upgrade InDesign C.C from low InDesign version (below CS6)
So, I hope that this problem will be solved for the Korean newspaper company & personal users.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user forum, where we rely on each others' experiences to help with issues.

I don't know if we have users posting here from South Korea, but this sounds like an issue that may require direct Adobe assistance. I couldn't find a phone number, but I could find an address for Adobe Systems in Seoul. Perhaps you can use this information to find a local phone number and get some help from Adobe:

Adobe Systems - Seoul

17FL, Parnas Tower
521 Teheran-ro, Gangnam-gu
Seoul, 06164, Korea

I wish I had more help for you, but perhaps this will work out.

Good luck,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines