• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble saving a large (7 500pp) InDesign merged file into a PDF

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we are trying to save a large (7 500pp) merged file (merged in InDesign) into a PDF, and it keeps showing the following message after it's trying to save for a very long time (it's been saving for 3/4 hours): 'InDesign quit unexpectedly'. We have also received 'Files is corrupted' message. The merge was successful - we just can't seem to save it as a PDF. HELP...please!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using data merge? Is there a way to split into smaller files. Please can you clarify is it 7500 pages ? or 7 x 500 pages?  What is your configuration. Could it be disk space or ram that is too little? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukas

it is a 7500 page document.  We've done a merge previously with 5 000 pages, and this equated to approx. 75MB.  This is why I'm not sure why we are struggling this time round.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be some aspect of your data, if so then you will no which portion of the data that is having the trouble. Are you first merging to an indesign file and then creating a PDF or are you creatig the PDF from the Data Merge panel? I think there is an optimisation stage and this could be where the software is stalling. 
Splitting into smaller files you can merge the files in Acrobat if need be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lukas

My apologies, yes I came right thank you.

for some reason it just worked by itself when trying to save it over and over again.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines