• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with justification

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new paragraph style with my prefered justification settings. But when I click on it, the text block still flush left rag right. It has all the settings, just not justified. Then when I hit shift command J, then its justified. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screenshoot with your paragraph settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you creating a named paragraph style? Are you assigning full justification to it within the Paragraph Styles menu, and then saving the style? When the cursor is in the paragraph, is there a + sign on the style name, indicating that an override has been applied to that paragraph? (If the last, click in the paragraph and then click on the Clear Overrides button at the bottom of the Paragraph Styles pane:)

JamesGiffordNitroPress_0-1672096621069.png

This all comes down to using styles correctly. In short, selecting a paragraph and making changes to it is not using styles, and the formatting will not be persistent as you make other changes to the document.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you apply the style to the problem paragraph select it and look at the paragraph styles panel to see if there is a plus sign next to the name of the applied style. If there is a plus showing then hold down the option/alt key while reapplying the style and see if the justification then works. It sounds possible that a previously applied style (which gets removed if you hold down option/alt) may have been applied and is superceding the new one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @dwightb28921992,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind confirming if your are able to resolve the issue by following our experts suggestion?

Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines