• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Headings Not Importing From Imported Parent

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created style sheets for a book series I am publishing. Since InDesign changed from Master pages to Parent pages, I have had a lot of trouble. I have not been in the program for a year, but need to use the Templates and Style sheets I created in 2021 and 2022. I have save the file as an InDesign document and a template, but neither does the trick.

When I open the source documents, they are fine, all the formatting and headers are present. However, when I import the parent, only one of the headers imports. This is so frustrating! It took forever to build these sheets.

Does anyone have any insight on what to do?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after messing with this for several hours, I never could get it to import the way we used to do it. However, taking the style sheet, clearing the text on page 1 and saving it as a template, then opening the template and saving it as a new file did do what I needed it to do. However, I would still love to know why a perfectly good document will not import the headers from an imported parent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AFAIK the only change in the operating of Master Pages to Parent Pages is the name. Your issue may be to do with conflicts with different versions of InDesign or maybe a document corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines