• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Automatic hyphens disappear when exporting pdf

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! All my automatic hyphens disappear when exporting a pdf. First I thought it was all hyphens but in closer inspection all soft- and discretionary hyphens remain. I've tried everything from uninstalling, downgrading, updating, restarting my computer... Nothing seems to work. I packaged the file and sent it to a friend and he was able to output a pdf with the hyphens, but I can't do it on my own inDesign (using the latest version, legit Cloud version)

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

I even contacted the adobe customer service chat and they denied it's a problem with inDesign. However, it definetly was a bug (still is) and I figured it out: I realized I had a stroke in my body text aligned "center", when I changed alignement to "outside" the problem dissapeared (and the hyphens reappeared). Such a strange bug (especially when the bug just appeared in the 2020 update). How Adobe messes up something like this is beyond me—I'm also dissapointed how the customer service didn't b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem!! Nothing is working. Can anybody help??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even contacted the adobe customer service chat and they denied it's a problem with inDesign. However, it definetly was a bug (still is) and I figured it out: I realized I had a stroke in my body text aligned "center", when I changed alignement to "outside" the problem dissapeared (and the hyphens reappeared). Such a strange bug (especially when the bug just appeared in the 2020 update). How Adobe messes up something like this is beyond me—I'm also dissapointed how the customer service didn't believe me.

Screenshot 2020-11-06 at 17.30.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow that helped, thanks so much! I find so many bugs laltely in the newst update, super annoying – but you saved my day, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's nice to hear! So you had the exact same situation? Adobe customer service told me I was the first person to report this bug... Pretty wild to think that no one else wasn't having this problem :0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced this problem too, on Win10, Adobe InDesign CC2021 16.4 x64

This is very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's dissapointing if they still didn't fix this 😕 

Did you try the workaround I wrote here earlier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same problem on two different computers, InDesign 2021 on one and InDesign 2022 on the other. I'll try the workaround ASAP. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the bug appeared after 2020 and every version after that has the same bug... It's absolutely crazy that they just never fixed it 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've changed the center stroke settings, worked like a charm. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines