• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Diagonal Text Wrapping

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to create two, side-by-side sections in InDesign 2021 with a diagonal divider but my text wraps keep interfering with one another. The green shape's text wrap is applying to both the text I want over the green shape AND the text I want over the purple shape. How do I make the text wrap only apply to one text box at a time? I've tried messing with "ignore text wrap," contour options, grouping, moving to different layers. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.22.54 AM.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I follow what the actual problem is here.

Why do you need Text Wrap here?

Can you please elaborate?

I'd just put the text in a triangular text frame. Then you won't need text wrap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select one corner of each text box with the Direct Selection tool, and slide it over with the shift key held to keep the bottom of the box straight. Then you will not need text warp.

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 12.02.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well that's what I was saying to make triangular text frames - or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines