• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! I am on a Dell laptop and can't seem to get out of Touch screen when opening up Indesign.

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I am on a new Dell laptop Windows 10 and can't seem to get out of Touch screen when opening up Indesign. The screen is locked up or something.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to know what's going on 

You should have Touch Workspace option

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/using/touch-workspace.html

There might be something in preference
Edit > Preferences > Touch Workspace. In this workspace, you could customise the tools and panels that appear on the screen and adjust settings like gesture sensitivity.

Other solutions:

Try using a mouse or trackpad to navigate InDesign instead of the touch screen. This may allow you to access the menu options and make changes to the settings.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the InDesign preferences. To do this, close InDesign and hold down the Ctrl + Alt + Shift keys while reopening the application. A dialog box should appear asking if you want to delete the preference files. Click "Yes" and InDesign will create new preference files when you restart the application.

If the issue persists, try updating InDesign to the latest version or checking for any available updates for Windows 10. This may help to resolve any compatibility issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I opened up indesign first. The file I was trying to open oddly opened with it. And all was good. I'll make sure my settings/prefs are set up right. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines