Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Help! InDesign crashing when exporting reflowable ePUB

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign file with about 400 footnotes - this file will export swimmingly to an epub. However when I convert the footnotes to endnotes so I can avoid them taking up space in the main text or at the end of each section, that file crashes InDesign every time I try to export.

I have tried saving as an older version, all preflight checks are green, and the only thing that is changing between the working export and the crashing one was the change from footnotes to endnotes.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
EPUB, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Do you see this behavior while exporting a specific file?

In addition to the suggestions shared by Mike earlier, please try the troubleshooting steps suggested on this community post & let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines