• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help: InDesign Data Merge Issue

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign (v16.2.1) keeps shutting down when I try to execute a data merge. I have done all that I can to make a clean excel and save it as a .csv file. I have gone as far as making sure I re-enter the data by hand to see if that was the issue. I have copied and re-saved the INDD file as well (including packaging it and saving the data file in the same folder) to have a clean slate, but everytime I go to Select Data Source the program thinks and then shuts down. I am accessing both the INDD and the data merge file on a shared work drive and not a desktop. Not sure where else to turn as I have tried just about everything I know to try and fix this issue. Any other tricks would be welcome!

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try merge after copying the CSV and the InDesign file to your local machine, if it works with local files then we can point out that the shared drive is the culprit.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines