• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Lost keyboard controls

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. The other day I ditched an old verion of Photoshop and now I have seem to have lost quick controls like marquee zoom in/out, image scaling, using command-option-shift etc. in both PS and ID. Makes me crazy.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

Perform the following step as per your OS: 

• Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

• macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Or:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshoo...

If this doesn't help - then probably only reinstall will help ...

â–’â–º ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard â—„â–’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the suggestion from AdobeScrips doesn't work, try this:

Quit out of InDesign or Photoshop and reboot your computer. If possible disable startup applications and open InDesign or Photoshop first, before any other application. See if your keyboard shortcut is working. You may be surprised that it does! If so, it's because another application is "stealing" your modifier keys. This can include utilitys and extensions like virus checkers and other apps/extension. Load your other applications, including your browser, one by one to see which is the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your support. A simple reboot did thed trick. I feel whole again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines