• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help moving from old computer to new : color libray

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to find an answer to this, If i missed once somewhere my apologies. I recently got a new computer, and am trying to move my adobe insallation to the new machine. I havent been able to figure out where my color libraries are, and I have several entries specific to my clients branding saved within it. I copied over the %appdata%\romaing\adobe\common folders, and that got back my motion graphics, but I still cant see my saved color libraries. Does anyone know where I should be looking in my old computer for this information and how to transfer it over? Thanks for any help you can provide!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are in the Program Files folder if you are referring to an .acb file:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign 2021\Presets\Swatch Libraries

(Note the year.)

You will need to move custom libraries from the old folder to the new version's folder. 

Other options include:

Export the swatches as an Adobe Swatch Exchange file (.ase) so you can import into ID, AI, or PSD.

Save the swatches to the CC Libraries so they are available in most Adobe apps now and future versions.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find those files there, but I think we may have messed them up by initially uninstalling adobe from the old ocmputer first. We ended up recraeating the custom ones.  Thanks for your help just the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the application should not remove any custom items such as user libraries and plugins--it will leave the folder structure intact. Take a look in the Programs folder and you should see the folder for the previous version (unless it was manually deleted). If they are still there, copy them over. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In trying to troubleshoot it, we reinstalled on the old computer, possibly overwriting. There were .ase files there , and in the photoshop folder, but none of the custom palletes. It did leave all the folders in the %appdata% folder so everything there we were able to get. Lesson learned for the future I guess.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines