• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed to access the InDesign items (TextFrames) within the Rectangle object (InDesign Server)

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on InDesign rendering script (.jsx) for rendering template (.indd) using InDesign Server (Version: 17.2). In my InDesign templates, there are Rectangle ([object Rectangle]) items, that further includes some TextFrames (more than one). When I try to access those TextFrames using [object Rectangle].allpageItems, it gives and empty array. How can I access those TextFrames from the [object Rectangle]? Further, can I get/find the InDesign element/item (TextFrame) using xmlTag name? If yes, then please provide the example by which we can find the item.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @SarahChap ,

you say: "In my InDesign templates, there are Rectangle ([object Rectangle]) items, that further includes some TextFrames (more than one). "

How do you know that? Did you build the template?

I'd try that with InDesign Desktop first.

The rectangle should contain a group item that itself includes all other frames.

Best make a sample InDesign document available with one rectangle that includes the text frames.

Attach the document to your reply here in the forum.

Or do a screenshot when the document is open in InDesign Desktop.

With the rectangle selected and the Layers panel open showing all its contents like that:

From my German InDesign 17.4.1.67 on Windows 10:

RectangleContainsGroupOfTextFrames.PNG

In this case, the following code:

app.documents[0].rectangles[0].allPageItems.length

will return 5, 1 group and 4 text frames.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines