• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(help) Placing graphics now requires an extra click

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did something to my InDesign and now every time I place a graphic file (EPS, PNG), it seems to want two clicks; one to place the file, and another click that seems to place a piece of pink text that contains the name of my file. I'm thinking maybe I accidentally turn on some setting that makes this behavior? It is very annoying and I want it to go away.

This happens regardless of whether I'm doing drag-and-drop or Ctrl-D.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

It seems that you have ticked the “create static caption” check mark in the import optionsCapture d’écran 2021-06-03 à 23.15.27.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the text actually create a frame that you then have to delete? Possible to provide a screen grab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you have ticked the “create static caption” check mark in the import optionsCapture d’écran 2021-06-03 à 23.15.27.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's it!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines