• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help to add Spanish dictionary

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I installed InDesign in English and now I am writing a document in Spanish. However, I can only access the English dictionary.Screenshot 2021-09-08 231629.png

How do you add another dictionary?
I write in both languages and going back and forth from Word to InDesign just to check the spelling is just too cumbersome.

I tried following the online help to no avail. Maybe the help is too short...

I changed the general settings but nothing... Please help...

Screenshot 2021-09-08 231629.pngScreenshot 2021-09-08 231734.pngScreenshot 2021-09-08 231815.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

The 54+ dictionaries are already there.

When you use Paragraph Styles, the text will be spell checked in whichever language the paragraph style language is set to.

So, right-click the paragraph style and go to Advanced Character Formats and set the language to Spanish. 

Now, when you run the spell checker on text that is controlled by that style, it will spell-check it correctly according to the rules of Spanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 54+ dictionaries are already there.

When you use Paragraph Styles, the text will be spell checked in whichever language the paragraph style language is set to.

So, right-click the paragraph style and go to Advanced Character Formats and set the language to Spanish. 

Now, when you run the spell checker on text that is controlled by that style, it will spell-check it correctly according to the rules of Spanish.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, Mike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines