• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with issue opening files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently updated to the latest version of InDesign. At first, I as able to open existing work files just fine, but now I continue to receive the attached message. I am working with the latest version of the program, as are my colleagues. What's the best way to resolve this issue?

InDesign.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

By the error message you're not opening it in the latest version of InDesign.

Are you double clicking in Explorer/Finder? Cos that might be trying to open the file in the Previous version of InDesign.

If you open the new version of InDesign and go to File>Open and navigate to the file - does the issue persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have the latest version? Open the help menu and check About InDesign to be sure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this note. I did have the latest version installed and had been using it the past 2 days. What I ended up doing was uninstalling version 18 and reinstalling it. Seemed to take care of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard or experienced this issue before. This is really strange. Was this happening on just a particular file or every file? Maybe the file holds some clue about this

-Manan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was just some files, particularly those that were being actively shared. I think the issue was that the files were opening in a previous version. In addition to reinstalling the update, I did as Eugene suggested (and one of our graphic artists) and opened the program and went to File > Open, which ensured files were opening in the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's working now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very much so. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the error message you're not opening it in the latest version of InDesign.

Are you double clicking in Explorer/Finder? Cos that might be trying to open the file in the Previous version of InDesign.

If you open the new version of InDesign and go to File>Open and navigate to the file - does the issue persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines