Copied

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 10.47.38.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign? Ideally this should not happen as this seems to be be Adobe shipped plugin. Try reinstalling by first cleaning up using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the cleaner tool. Now It seems to be coming up with 'Cannot handle the request because a modal dialog or alert is active'.
I've done everything I'm not really too sure what to do anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restarting your MAC, trashing InDesign preferences.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done both. It worked yesterday briefly yesterday and now again it says  'Cannot handle the request because a modal dialog or alert is active'.

I have done everything from delete preferences, delete and re-install indesign to restarting my mac. I'm really fed up with this I have no idea why this can't be resolved?
Ryan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 14.43.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is strange, is there any secondary display attached to your MAC? Maybe the modal is hiding on that display and is very tiny to locate. Also, what happens if you press enter or esc key, try it maybe it resolves it. If nothing works then try contacting support for technical assistance

To contact support, login to your account and navigate to the URL below. Make sure that the browser has cookies enabled, and all script blockers are disabled.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Type AGENT to avoid bots and talk to a human.
Also, be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it sorted in the end. Thank you for all your effort. 

Ryan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the update. What resolved it? Please share if you think it can help others having the same issue.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines