Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with text flow to unique pages

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm trying to flow some text (date numbers) through some weekly calendar pages. Each page has a unique text in the header area which I populated with data merge. I set up the master with linked text boxes and when I copy/paste the date into the first text box on page 1, it flows through beautifully... except excel just duplicates the Parent page (with placeholder text) instead of actually flowing it through to the next page in the series. My 53 become 104, all flowing onto the parent/placeholder and leaving the rest of my dated pages empty. Screenshots attached.

I tried to "place" the text instead (using hover/Shift for the squiggly arrow) but even when I click into the textbox it just makes a big list outside of the textbox (screenshot attached). 

At this point I could have easily just hand typed all 365 dates into my document faster than I've spent trying to troubleshoot this... but I'd really like to figure out the right way to do things! Can anybody point out what I'm missing? I'd really appreciate it!!

janee_0-1673115589540.jpeg

janee_1-1673115623511.jpeg

janee_2-1673115648304.jpeg

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to share your INDD file for a closer examination. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd agree with Robert. It sounds like a complex layout and the cursory description and screenshots don't provide enough information to guess what's going on. Post the INDD filed on a cloud service and provide a link so it can be examined. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines