• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELPPP. Can't change dictionary spellcheck to english...

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using spellcheck and it somehow got switched to Burmese. When I go to edit it via preferences, it says the dictionary is in English (USA). I tried to go the other method (see attached images) but even though I manually changed it to english, it still is set to Burmese when I run the spellcheck. What is going on?

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @landscape_snarkitect ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/dictionary-changes-language-for-check-spelling/m... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What language do your Paragraph Styles have?
  2. Did you apply a Character Style with a different language?
  3. Did you make manual overrrides? They should be avoided anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Language assigned to text is a Character attribute and has nothing to do with the dictionary settings in the preferences, which are used to set which dictionary to use, if more than one is installed, for each language.

Be sure the language actually assigned to your text is correct (and it's OK -read that as correct) to assign different languages to isolated words that are not in the same language as your main text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines