Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding and auto-stacking text frames.

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any way to both 'hide' text frames, and at the same time, when doing so, have the text frames below it 'auto stack' up to fill in the position of the hidden one ?

For example, in a resume, where each position has its own text box, and say there are three positions listed, but you decide you want to hide the middle one, and then the third one (and any text boxes further below), would automatically 'push up' the stack so that you don't have any 'empty space' where the second hidden one is ? That is, without having to manually relocate all the text frames below.

Not exactly a 'crazy idea'. I mean in HTML, if you comment out a <DIV>, everything below it automatically flows up in-line.

And, if not possible, I think this would be a very cool feature to have, especially if you want to make multiple, easy variations on an otherwise standard document.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Read a bit about Conditional Text

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/editing-text.html

There are some great YouTube videos about it, as well as explainer material on CreativePro.com.

Windows > Type & Tables > Conditional Text

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines