Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding system fonts

Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking for a startup script which would be able to hide system fonts in the dropdown font menu. I know that I could select the other fonts and add them as favorites, but since I have more than 500 Macs to manage, with different sets of fonts, it is obviously not possible. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some interesting reading here (if not an answer):

http://www.jklstudios.com/misc/osxfonts.html

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike,

I have this document. Since our machines are running on Mac OS 10.15, the System Integrity Protection forbids to remove the fonts, unless if the system is installed on another partition and it is not an option for us.

Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a scripter but it seem like it would be possible to script the creating of a favorites list that excludes the system fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you manage to do this?

I have submitted a related feature request here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/feature-request-hide-system-fonts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck. I think some very large proportion of Adobe (and MS Office) users would like to be able to switch off the vast list of system fonts in some convenient way, especially (for Western users) the endless list of pan-Asian fonts. But both companies keep crowding more such fonts into every release, or so it seems, and ignore all requests for something other than workarounds.

My work efficiency is simply not improved by dozens of CJKI fonts, or fonts for Uighur and other very rare languages, nor am I culturally enlightened by their presence. But there they've been, for a decade or more, release after release.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines