• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High CPU usage due to Adobe CEP HTML Engine

Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with InDesign.  It is constantly freezing, and when I check my task manager, there are at least 6 instances of the Adobe CEP HTML Engine listed.  I am using Windows 10, InDesign 17 (we cannot update the version due to changes that are made to our documents every time we upgrade), files stored on our local network, and there are no plugins installed.  I also use Illustrator (there are 9 of these "engines" listed under AI) and Photoshop (there are 4 of them under PS).  I am having to close InDesign via the task manager several times a day because it stops responding.  Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing all the details. I understand that the CEP HTML engine is increasing CPU usage and making your applications slow. Let us help you make this right.

I would request if you can close all Adobe applications and try the steps shared here: High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine

Let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am also having this problem but I don't understand the instructions on the page that you linked to. When I copy-paste '%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\Logs' into my start menu search bar there is nothing found. Am I missing something here? Thanks!

Jessie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also think those instructions might not have the right file paths for 2020 creative cloud users... thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link provides advice for fixing this issue in Indesign CC 2015. But the folder structure is different in more recent versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I moved those files as instructed, and the number of CEP Html insanity dropped to 6.  But the next time I restarted, I got more of them: 25.  Today, it's up to 32.

Other queries about this issue say to close the Libraries windows -- but I don't have any of them open, never do, avoid those things like the plague.  Or else Photoshop users say to disable Plugins, but that doesn't apply to InDesign.

I don't know if this is related, but the TypeKit fonts that I am now forced to use also come & go from my file.  Sometimes when I open the file they are all visible. Sometimes they are not visible.  They show up as in use in the font drop-down, it's just that the letters using that font are not visible.  I have to deactivate & reactivate the fonts in order to make the letters reappear.  A process which unfortunately takes about 20 minutes. 

I don't know if this CEP Html business is looking for cloud-based fonts?

julietw99713499_2-1629385468277.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having this same problem but with Photoshop CC 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.  I tried this.  See the first sentence of my post:

Yes, I moved those files as instructed, and the number of CEP Html insanity dropped to 6. But the next time I restarted, I got more of them: 25. Today, it's up to 32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines