• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how 2 print a specific part of a large document

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to print a specific tile when trying to print a large document? For exmple, in the screenshot, i want to print only the specific part of the document thats indicated by the red rrow... is this possible and how?

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

You can do this using Manual Tiling which is available in the Setup section of InDesign's Print dialog window. Begin the process by pulling on the upper left corner of your InDesign Window (highlighted in the screenshot below). Crossed lines will appear which you can drag to the upper left corner of what you need to print. This will define the upper left of your print output. Then choose Manual tile and print. Make sure that your paper size will cover the area that you need printed. 

MANUAL TILE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to see your attache'd image due to a glitch in the forum software. If you select pages in the Pages panel, you can Print selected pages using the Pages panel menu. If you want part of a page, you can hide the items you don't want to print using the Layers panel or Object menu.

If this isn't what you are asking, use the Insert Image button (mountain and sun) at the top of a Reply window.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this using Manual Tiling which is available in the Setup section of InDesign's Print dialog window. Begin the process by pulling on the upper left corner of your InDesign Window (highlighted in the screenshot below). Crossed lines will appear which you can drag to the upper left corner of what you need to print. This will define the upper left of your print output. Then choose Manual tile and print. Make sure that your paper size will cover the area that you need printed. 

MANUAL TILE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jane and mostly thank you Bill, thats exactly what i was asking!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@george gen wrote:

Thank you Jane and mostly thank you Bill, thats exactly what i was asking!!!

Thank you, George. I thought it was a forum glitch that wouldn't let me see attached images, but your post made me investigate and I found that resetting Safari on my iPad fixed the issue.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines