• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Evenly Distribute Multiple Groups of Grouped Objects

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just a beginner with Indesign learning on my own from tutorials and videos I have been able to find online. I am trying to evenly distribute these groups of objects so that they are evenly spaced between. I am attaching photos-by selecting all the groups and distributing vertically I am not getting the result I am trying for. My desired end result would be even space between the groups of objects. What am I doing wrong?

Very Much Appreciate Helpful Feedback! 

Thank You Thank You Thank You

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First photo is all the groups selected-second is what happens when I distribute vertically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? It seems like such a simple thing but I just can't figure it out 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell enough about your document and your process to see what is going wrong (If you share a link to it, someone will likely take a look), but I can see that you are making your life a lot harder than it has to be. 

Your entire layout as shown could be in one text box. The lines could be done as underlines or paragraph rules, and the cirlces could be pasted into the text as inline graphics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like this:

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 4.44.32 PM.png

(The InDesign file is attached so you can look more closely at how it was done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MsAliMarie,

share your InDesign document and we could have a look what's going on with your groups.

Did you read into this?

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/aligning-distributing-objects.html

Note: The image of the Align panel in the help files seems a little outdated and it does not show all the options that are available. Use the Options command of the Align panel to see them all.

Then make sure that the option Align to ("Ausrichten an:" in my screenshot below) is set to Selection.

Use the Distribute Spacing button ("Abstand verteilen:" ) for your selection of groups.

From my German InDesign 2022:

Align-DistributeSpacing-AlignToSelection-INDD.png

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines