• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i export pages with the outside area?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please , how can i export pages with the outside area as i want to make content tab outside the page ?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

You could increase the slug area on the outside and use that area for the tab. Be sure to include it when printing or creating the PDF.

Question: are the tabs on every page or just divider pages? If divider pages, I would build them as separate documents since they will be printed separately anyway. If the tabs are counted in the page count, you can adjust the numbers manually--or add in a blank, two-page filler document (assuming you are using the book feature). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside Tabs are part of the page. You need to add cutting lines in a spot color as the printer requires. Additional to the page (with the content tab) do not forget to add a bleed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me the steps please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Page set up in the size including the tab.
  2. Draw spot color lines, where the pages are to cut.
  3. Communicate with the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kindly be noted that iam taking about the indesign 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want CUT tabs (made by professional cutter/printer), or PRINTED tabs (part of the page with tab info, page normal size)? Either way it is inside your InDesign page, NOT outside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could increase the slug area on the outside and use that area for the tab. Be sure to include it when printing or creating the PDF.

Question: are the tabs on every page or just divider pages? If divider pages, I would build them as separate documents since they will be printed separately anyway. If the tabs are counted in the page count, you can adjust the numbers manually--or add in a blank, two-page filler document (assuming you are using the book feature). 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines